• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 12 volt conversion

Looking for some advice/help converting my m1010 to 12 volt charging system. My duvac went haywire overcharging the front battery. Already sourced leece Neville 12 volt alternator . Need some help with what wires to keep . Can't find wiring diagram anywhere I look. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you want to redo the entire system, or just the front battery?

Quite a few things require that 24V on an M1010.

Have you seen the Plan B thread?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No A/C either?

Ehh... well... Follow https://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/files/nn10.pdf as a start.. You'll obviously have to remove one of the alternators or at the very least remove the belt... The M1010 uses 2 -24V alternators, and not 2 -12V alternators like the other CUCVs, but you already know that ;)

Look in the Plan B thread for information on how to disable/remove the DUVAC..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks