• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 CUCV Ambulance photo

aboonski

I just got this in the mail today from an Ebay auction and now I want one of these! I found one locally but the darned thing is painted brown! I never drove one of these during my time in the AF Medical Corps but I did drive lots and lots of the old "cracker box" field ambulanced made by Dodge with the slant six motors - 75 m.p.h. was their top speed. I know this because I made a run one night from Patrick AF to a hospitlal in Melbourne and back to Patrick to transfer two patients involved in an auto accident. On the way back to Patrick the corpsman came up front and told me to "haul ass - the girl is dying!". Despite all the efforts, the young 13 year old passed away about a hour later in the E.R. Something I will never forget!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks