• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1010 cucv ?'s

aluminum

I believe they are all aluminum...but i'm not entirely sure.
assuming i remember,i'll grab a magnet and check tomorrow.I don't have a clue as to the weight off alum in the body work...but it can't be much,probly not much more than 350 lbs or so...it's the accesories that bring the weight,ie: the air cond,heater,shelving,insulation etc.

weight...

I don't think it would...unless,that is,it gives a weight minus the above mentioned accesories.To come close,we need to guestimate the total volume of alum in the box itself.
Find out which parts are aluminum,measure each one for length x width x thickness,add them all up,Try to remember how much aluminum weighs per cubic inch,and multiply.
Since i don't have two days off,i'll stick to my original guess. :)
or maybe there's a tag someplace...

weight mark-2

Turns out i had a day off...with a density of .098 lbs/cubic inch,a measuring tape,and some guess work...i come up with a revised estimate of 270 lbs of aluminum.
this assumes a skin thickness of .032 inches.all skins,doors and shelving are aluminum,as well as the supporting framework.
all accesories are steel,including door hinges,bumper/steps,a/c housing and any light/antennae mounts.
I'm guessing you want to figure a scrap value...probly not worth the work.I was qouted a price of 18,000 can$ to replicate,not including heat or a/c,likely since it would be a custom build.(i was curious).figure about 22,000 complete,all hand built. :shock: .
Whomever has one would likely make a-LOT more selling as a complete unit(assuming good condition,with everything functional).finding an m-1010 in cherry condition(the whole truck),and paying 6-7000 for it,gets you a screaming deal on a cool hunting /fishing/plow rig.
I'd love a hummer ambulance.They are REALLY cool. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks