• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1010 personnel heater fuel pump

softboyled

Hi,

I've recently acquired an m1010 and thought I'd tackle the inop box heater first...

I've discovered that the fuel pump on the left fender that feeds the box heater (and the arctic heater if installed) makes some rather nasty clunky noises when powered. As I received it, the cutoff switch was zip tied to the fuel lines (oriented horizontally), so the pump wasn't seeing any power. When I mounted the switch in its proper bracket and turned on the heater, the clunking began in earnest. It's clear that some PO simply disabled the pump with the zip tie trick. The most recent PO claims no knowledge of the heater status, so no help there.

In addition to the awful noise, I removed the cap on the tee just aft of the pump and there is no fuel produced when the pump is activated.

I am assuming that the pump is bad. What's the best source for finding a replacement?

Thanks,
Greg

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pump makes a clack clack noise when dry, but is quiet when pumping fuel. You may want to test it again.
Find it on ebay or try ACE (acetomatoco) , on this list, I think he stocks them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks