• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010

tomc

Hope to pick up our M1010 this weekend. Does anyone know what the possibility of finding the placards for one? If not is there any where to find dimensional drawings to make some up?

SmokeyDod

I have the two side Alum plates. I actually painted over them white & tried to write "for sale". You can still see the
red cross logo thru the paint. If your'e interested, let me know.

tomc

Side plates

Hey Smokeydod,

made it home to TN from south AL yesterday. How thick is the aluminum plates? Would probably be just as easy to pick up some aluminum locally and fabricate them.

Thanks

Tom

SmokeyDod

RE: Side plates

I'll ck tomorrow & let u know exact LxWxthicknes. If you know anyone interested in a M1010 , I am going to sell mine. It has 23K mile (actual) every thing still orig runs great. I can email pictures if anyone interested. Just call me at
864-313-4450. My son & I just used it as camper when going rock crawlin and deer hunting. Smokey

SmokeyDod

Hey Tomac Those alum side plates on M1010 are about 20 ga alum (1/32") thick and measure 39" x 39" sq. + .000 & - 1/8". Hope that helps. If you happen to need one of the large 28V alternators, I have a brand new one that I bought and never needed. I would sell it for same price I paid for it $200.00. Good luck with yours. Smokey

tomc

Appreciate it Smokey. What part of SC is Easley in? We have relatives all through NC and could possibly catch a cup of joe some time.

Tom

SmokeyDod

Tom I live in between Easley & Pickens SC which in NE cornor of SC ( 15 east of Greenville) Look on Google Earth & list 320 Store Rd Easley and u can see my place. On rh side of rd u will see a rect pool My house is in behind it in open feild. Where do your people live in NC?

tomc

My son is near Statesville and the mother in law is in Morganton.

Have a major problem and do not know how to proceed. Had the problem with the front battery not charging. Had a burned out fuseable link. Fixed that the seems now that there is no electric at all, no lights nothing. Starter turns but engine does not start. Looked through the manuals but found only specific sections with no electric. Have any ideas?

Tom

SmokeyDod

Unfortunately it could be one or more of several things. 1st -is batteries turning it fast enough to crank it. 2nd check both batteries with volt meter to make sure BOTH are reading at least 12.5+ If one of them is too low it won't turn fast enough. 3rd Did you accidently move youre service light switch to off or to blackout? Be sure it's it UP position. This shouldnot affect whether it starts are not but you won't see any lights anywhere. Here again so many times, is the solonoid on fire wall clicking on when you turn key to start pos? If not, it could be blown and thus not heating up glow plugs. Simple way to find out if glow plugs are getting momentary power is to attach + red end line of volt meter to the wire going to anyone of glow plugs (just unplug it) and the - black end to a ground. When you turn key to start pos. look at meter. It should read up to 12v then maybe go down a little. If its NOT doing that then solonoid might be bad. try that see what happens & let us know.

tomc

will check the light switch positions as soon as I get home today. The engine did crank real good while I had it hooked up to my car with jumpercables. Glow plug light went out after about 45 seconds but still did not start the engine. Will check the glow plug wires too.

Thanks for you help

tomc

Put a fresh known good battery in place of the one that has not been charged good. Checked the positions of the light switches and they were ok. Checked the voltage at the glow plug lines and it was 0. Still no lights at all. Think now that there may be fuseable link that feeds the fuse block just need to find the wires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks