• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 Axle swap

74McPhail

Hi all,

i’m grateful to be a new member to this group. Recently purchased my first military, M101 A1 my son and I are fixing this up as an Overlanding trailer. Preparing to purchase a new axle. Based on the threads, I’ve read here it appears the correct dimensions for a new Dexter axle would be:

HF - 63.50
SC - 43.25

Can anyone confirm that these dimensions are correct?

Also, should I go with a 3 inch tube per the original or are there other recommendations from the group? Finally, I called the local Dexter rep here and they said that they would not be able to match my Toyota tundra, lug pattern. Is Dexter the best? Any other recommendations for axle manufacturers?

Any feedback/advice is greatly appreciated as I am brand new to this and learning a lot very quickly. Grateful for all of you.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi all,

i’m grateful to be a new member to this group. Recently purchased my first military, M101 A1 my son and I are fixing this up as an Overlanding trailer. Preparing to purchase a new axle. Based on the threads, I’ve read here it appears the correct dimensions for a new Dexter axle would be:

HF - 63.50
SC - 43.25

Can anyone confirm that these dimensions are correct?

Also, should I go with a 3 inch tube per the original or are there other recommendations from the group? Finally, I called the local Dexter rep here and they said that they would not be able to match my Toyota tundra, lug pattern. Is Dexter the best? Any other recommendations for axle manufacturers?

Any feedback/advice is greatly appreciated as I am brand new to this and learning a lot very quickly. Grateful for all of you.
Take a look at this post...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks