• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 square u-bolts

mkitchell

Does anybody know where to find the square ubolts that fasten the springs to the axle?
I was told that M37 ubolts were the same, but they aren't working (too big around).
Anyonw know where I can find these? I believe they are 1/2" bolt x 2" inside measurement x 7-8" long.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You can have any spring shop make up a set, or stop in at Peterbuilt. They have a huge selection of U-bolts.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lot of Towns will have a place like "Trailer Craft/Trailer supply. They will have U-bolts of various sizese they deal with. Otherwise, have them made. Use a generous application of never sieze. I like to leave a minimum amount of bolt thread extending byond the nut. It gets rock blasted and makes it difficult to impossible to remove the U-bolt nuts later.

Lee in Alaska

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks