• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101a2 plug adaptor

70deuce

The attempt looks very good. Nice clean setup. Would be very easy to use your setup on a flat 4 pin also. Thanks for the pix.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you kidding, that looks great. Devilman96 has a pintle hitch rigged like that so he can drop it in any vehicle and tow his mil trailers. Sweet!!!!

TucsonVTXF

the only reason i went with the 7 pin rv connector so it would "lock" into the connection. Flat 4 would be a tad easyer........... i have around 50.00 in the setup... the cable is to long but in time i will shorten it..........

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure I would shorten that cable. It may be too long for this vehicle but what if you were to use the hitch on another vehicle that may have the plug mounted elsewhere, like in the step bumper. That extra length sure will come in handy.

TucsonVTXF

Standard Military vehicle wiring information (letters are marked next to connector contacts)

A, C, H - blackout tail lights and blackout clearance lights (all three pins are electrically connected together within vehicle's wiring harness)

B - brake light and left turn signal light

D - ground

E - tail lights / clearance lights

F - blackout brake light

J - brake light and right turn signal light

K - auxillary power feed used on semi tractor only

rv connector diagram
http://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring.aspx

Last edited:

davidkroberts

sorry but im a electrical novice at best. So does the 12v power supply from the tow vehicle just make the 24v trailer light dimmer? or did you change the bulbs to 12v also. I had heard that it could be done but ive never seen it.

very clean setup.... i like it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks