• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Repair

CaryHenry

Well, I just won my first GL auction for an M101A2 and it is in need of some repair. It appears as though someone tried to tow it with the rear jack stand down and ripped it clear off the back of the trailer. I have plenty of experience welding, and just wanted to see how difficult some of you think this repair would be and if you think there may be some other issues do this incident.

Attachments

CaryHenry

Nice catch. Those M101A2s are sweet trailers! What did you pay?
I got it for $415. I live in Indiana, but all of the M101s in the midwest seem to be made of gold (at least judging by what people pay for them). I guess we'll take a road trip down south to pick it up.

jimbob1111

Hi,
The paper work might say M101A2, but you got the M101A3 jack & the wider drop axle on that trailer.
That makes it a very nice trailer for the $$$.
HMFG

OLDCHEV4X4

MMMMM, It looks like it has a crank up front landing leg.

Nice trailer. Shouldnt be too hard to fix. Looks like they said the heck with it, and torched it off.

TenGAUGE

I have purchased one as well and I am waiting on my EUC to clear. That takes way too long. I can buy a home quicker than the amount of time it takes to purchase a trailer. It was also the first thing I have purchased from GL and am looking forward to purchasing a CUCV. Maybe soon I will also be purchasing one those as well.:driver:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,
The paper work might say M101A2, but you got the M101A3 jack & the wider drop axle on that trailer.
That makes it a very nice trailer for the $$$.
HMFG

It could also be an M116A2E1 chassis. Either way it has the regular 101 or 101A2 body. The A3 body has the fenders moved outboard 5" per side.