• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 to 5 Lug?

ConfusedCamo

For some reason I thought I brought this up here, but apparently not. I have asked this question on www.IH8MUD.com, the Toyota Land Cruiser forum, but wanted to run it past you in case you can provide more guidance.

I have a strong desire to match up my trailer tires and wheels to my Land Cruiser tires and wheels. Because of this, I purchased 7 of everything assuming it would be no problem. I've ran wheel adapters/spacers previously. I'd just do it again only this time on a trailer. Come to find out, nobody wants to go from 8 lug to 5 lug and I have yet to figure out how to best go about this dilemma. I want to do this for my OCD, but also for redundancy.

I am trying to go from 8x6.5 to 5x150. The other thing is that I really like the axle with the hand brakes and I'd like to keep those. Do you guys have any thoughts or ideas?tempImageLPreB7.png

Jeepadict

It's been brought up a few times that I've seen here. My suggestion has always been to call eTrailer with your inner and outer bearing numbers to see if the can match it up with a hub and a drum that fits the Dexter axle brakes...tho nobody has come back to report their findings. If you're dead set on these shenanagains, upgrading your tow vehicle may be more realistic...or just run the adapters on the trailer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

fb40dash5

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw some adapters from 6x5.5" googling around. I'm not knowledgeable on 101s, but if they're Dexter brakes & the same setup as the 1101 brakes (the hub pic looks it) they're standard Dexter 12" 7k drums... which are identical to Dexter 5.5k or 6k 12" drums except for the outer bearing, and those are 6x5.5". I swapped my 1101 to those, and all I needed to do was get new outer bearing cones, and gingerly remove the good inner seals it came with so I could reuse them.

Anything else I think you'd be looking at custom work. Well, OK, maybe you could find something Aussie or something... but even if you could find that, by the time you looked at lead time to get spares in the future, and cost, you'd probably be just as well off going the custom route.

ConfusedCamo

It's been brought up a few times that I've seen here. My suggestion has always been to call eTrailer with your inner and outer bearing numbers to see if the can match it up with a hub and a drum that fits the Dexter axle brakes...tho nobody has come back to report their findings. If you're dead set on these shenanagains, upgrading your tow vehicle may be more realistic...or just run the adapters on the trailer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I am definitely a Land Cruiser guy through and through starting when I was 1 in my grandfather's Land Cruiser. I am hoping that I can get some adapters. That's what I am unsure of and working on as a first step. Several places have said they don't sell them or won't make them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks