• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Torsion Flex axle.

shaferhund

Not sure if this is a correct thread to use...apologize as I am new. I couldn't find anything re this issue.
Recently purchased a used M101A2. Sadly 4 of the leaf springs, surge actuator, tongue stand, brakes etc missing and I am looking for a complete suspension upgrade. I do have the tarp which I would like to possibly sell.

Has anyone one upgraded to torsion axles on an M101?

I want to keep the trailer at about 24" at the tongue.

What specs have you found useful? So far I have the hub face at 63 inches and the edge of chassis at 45.25 inches. I am looking at the complete axle as I want the lateral rigidity.

Thanks and I have to say. This forum is really great as I have not seen a single snarky comment yet!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an old thread but at least the question will be somewhat answered.

All of the missing parts are still available commercially.
Croft Trailer has the factory surge brake parts.
Dexter and Redline will have the axle parts and springs, brake shoes, etc.

Dexter will build you a torsion axle if your good at Correctly taking all the measurements needed for a custom axle.

As far as any specs go, I haven’t a clue since I like mine all stock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks