• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 6.2 Diesel won't stay running.

Barrman

It reads like you are turning it off when you let go of the starter position on the key. If that is the case then ignition switch alignment might be the cure. Just to be sure there are a couple of work around you can do to test.

The pink wire on the top of the injection pump is the power lead that lets the engine run and turns it off when power is removed. The CUCV has 12 volts at that connection with the key on. Using a test light, volt meter, power probe or whatever you want. See what you have with the key on. If nothing, follow the pink wire back toward the steering column and find out why not.

If you do, figure out a way to monitor the voltage when you let go of the starter.

Or if you don’t want to do any test and just see if it runs. Connect a jumper wire between the front battery positI’ve and the pink wire connection at the injection pump. Make sure you are using the front battery and only have 12 volts. Go through the glow plug cycle and hit the starter. If that is your problem it should run just fine.

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
I have an M1028 6.2 diesel shelter carrier that tries to start, but when the key goes to the "run" position it shuts off. I've replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump, checked fuses and don't what to do next. Any advice?
I’m not too familiar with the 6.2, however it may have a fuel solenoid. If it does they have two windings inside them one to pull in
and one to hold. If the hold wiring is bad or if you have a bad hold coil inside the solenoid It would act that way.

Allen Middendorff

I’m not too familiar with the 6.2, however it may have a fuel solenoid. If it does they have two windings inside them one to pull in
and one to hold. If the hold wiring is bad or if you have a bad hold coil inside the solenoid It would act that way.
Thank you but the fuel solenoid is part of the Fuel injector, per TM check volt on the pink wiring ; 12 vdc when in the run position, 0 vdc in the off post and 10vdc on the start position.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks