• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 fuel problems??

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a cheap 1028 the other day that hasent been started in a year or two. I've changed the fuel, bled the system to the filter, and cleaned the governor housing on the ip (it was lets just say nasty). After a bunch of cranking the ip fills with fuel but nothing to the injectors. I have even disconnected the GPs and used starting fluid and nothing. I think it is the ip but want some expert opinions before I dump alot of cash on a new one if I dont need to. Thanks for the help.

Matt

m4A1

There is a wire going to the IP, check for 12v when the ignition is on. Or listen for a click when you turn on the ignition.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has 12v on it. And when i had it open I tested the solenoid and it worked. The linkages it connects to are really loose, I dont know if it is normal or just worn out. Thanks

Matt

m4A1

Could it be the timing chain? since it connects the IP and controls the valves if it is broken then the ip won't turn and valves wont open. Is there an easy way to check?

CCATLETT1984

the camshaft in a 6.2 is gear driven off the crank, then a roller chain drives the IP. When you say it wont start off of ether, do you mean it wont fire? or that it wont stay running. The complete lack of fuel at the injectors points to an issue with the IP, you can see the chain if you look down the oil file tube on the front of the engine.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It doesnt even sputter with starting fluid. With the ip removed and turning it counter clockwise it moves kinda freely with certain points being harder than others (building pressure maybe). I will check what I can see with the chain. Thanks again

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks