• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1030 value

greasemonkey94

i have 2 m1030 (1991 klr250) and i cant find out how much these are worth one is fully restored and has only 155 miles on it all back to its factory standards mil spec and the other is still in the prosses of being restored but all i can find is value of civilian bike and i was wondering what any of yall would value it at? thanks for your time

AMGeneral

Well,mine isn't restored,that is as it was relased.
It has a DOD of 10/86 according to the data plate.
I don't think the rifile mount is a stock item,I think it was added by the police dept that owned it before.

greasemonkey94

that would make sence yours is one of thhe first issue ones mine is from the second batch the usmc ordered the differences were the 1984s had metal tanks while the 1991s had plastic and the 91s had smaller black out lights and had metal brushguard in front of the engine and on the handlebars other than that they were literally the civilian bikes with od green paint on them my seat has a small tear in one and it revealed the horrible 1990s blue seat that was just painted over by hayes and i had to sandblast all the plastics to repaint them and they were white just like the originals they must have brought them in and just added brushguards paint and blackout lights and a new bigger capacity tank and shipped them off of course they served their purpose but i dont think it would look to cool to have marines riding around on those blue, white, and the tacky redish pink bikes of the early 90s.... od green looks way beter on them.

AMGeneral

Yeah,mine has been "upgraded" with the later style brake system and larger plastic fuel tank,probably around the time the second batch was ordered.

I am thinking about taking mine to the NC rally on Sat the 13th.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks