• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 dimensions

ChuckwagonBbq

Hello fellas long story short looking at a 1038 bed to trailer mount for overlanding, but for the love of Christ can somebody tell me what the dimensions on the interior main compartment are I'm looking for the usual 3 LxWxH as if I purchase it I'm looking to remove the motor and related bologna besides the panel and do my own thing to reduce weight and what have you, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

cucvrus

How about an M1010 body to overland trailer? Then you could almost stand up in it and sleep in it. Bonus is I am in Pennsylvania and have 4 to choose from.

ChuckwagonBbq

While yes a possibility that I'll keep in mind it will mostly be for organized storage and I'll run a very large roof top tent and also because this is local to me like 10 min local haha

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

ChuckwagonBbq

Oops my bad on the numbers thank you, for the dimensions can you tell me how long it is to the front wall as well as if the generator/engine nonsense was removed please I'd appreciate it, thanks in advance

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The box is all aluminum and built strong but light. I vaguely remember being able to lift one end of it by hand when completely empty. Probably can attach your RTT or whatever you guys call those right to the roof. My buddy was making one of these trailers with a telephone truck bed and those things are super heavy and the interior compartment is too short.

ChuckwagonBbq

That is pretty much the plan 2x4 square tube frame 1031 bed on top then I'd like to use a decked for a utility bed on the large main compartment and a bed slide on top of that then use that control/outlet box for solar and what have you then just the existing exterior compartments to fit what ever else my heart desires, this will be pulled but a v8 scout and ramcharger so light and strong is always good I currently have an mkt99 retro fitted with all kinds of modern fancy cooking equipment and I'm a big fan of the aluminum everything

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks