• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 PTO information

Crash_AF

Since it's so hard to find in one place, here is what I've gathered from some research into the M1031 PTO, and what is needed when you add a PTO to the NP205.

The standard issue PTO is a Muncie TG series PTO with a 1.8:1 drive ratio.

The part number for the PTO is a TG6S-N7018-C2BT

For people purchasing a Muncie PTO for their NP205, the important parts of the part number are the 6S-N70. This is a 6 bolt standard PTO port, N70 is the Muncie part number for the input gear for the NP205.

For those who care (or are curious) the breakdown of that part number is:
TG - Single speed, Double gear series
6S - 6 Bolt Standard SAE attachment
N70 - New Process 70 (input gear specification)
18 - 1.75-1.84:1 ratio
C - Cable Operated
2 - Arrangement 2
B - 1.25 round standard output
T - High torque with PTO pulse generator

Parts are commonly available for this PTO through Muncie distributors, and it is still current production.

Last edited:

Skinny

Thanks for posting this. I was looking for a seal kit and the part is TG-GSK-C which you can use to source it anywhere. It looks like one of the biggest factors for the kit is that the PTO is cable shift.

Here is a link to the Muncie .pdf parts breakdown: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjADegQIGxAC&usg=AOvVaw1mYq3LHE6AUpanUotonwRk

Really the only thing in question is the PTO gasket which mates to the tcase. There are two thicknesses offered 0.10 and 0.20 inches. I emailed the supply house to see if they know. If not I'll feel the backlash and start with the thicker one. If the play is greater I'll step down.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks