• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M104 paint, purpose (front tailgate), truck assignment, TM's?

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All:

I have looked through many threads but have not found answers to my questions:

1) Which paint did they have? Or, would it be appropriate to paint this trailer 24087, Vietnam semi-gloss OD?
2) Why did they have a front tailgate? For special loads?
3) I understand they came out in the M135 era, but were they regularly towed behind M35A2's?
4) What are the applicable TM numbers?

Thanks

-Ken

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M104's did not last perpetually in the system (like the 105's), they would have been on the way out when camo paint schemes came out in the 1970's. So the correct factory color is 24087. M35/A1/A2 would have pulled them along with the GMC's. My understanding is the front tailgate is there so generators in the bed will get ventilation. TM's should be the same as M105.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks