• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1045A2 year 2000 what engine?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Original is not a GEP.
Some pics of them were painted black, so they were the GM re-built engines.
Some had GEP's as replacements.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If still the factory engine, it's could be a GEP, but possibly a leftover GM from 1999.

desmodromic

are they worth a dam? And would it be a GEP?
Nope, the GEP engines differ from the GM 6.5s.

From my perspective, I’d rather have a “fresh” rebuilt GM 6.5 than a worked over GEP. I also have a Melton GM 6.5 in my M1123A2 with 9 miles since a 2011 Albany reset and both A2s run strong.

I also have a 1989 M998 that went through a 2007 MME reset that I bought with a nuked GEP, so they are not infallable.

YMMV

Bravojmc

Nope, the GEP engines differ from the GM 6.5s.

From my perspective, I’d rather have a “fresh” rebuilt GM 6.5 than a worked over GEP. I also have a Melton GM 6.5 in my M1123A2 with 9 miles since a 2011 Albany reset and both A2s run strong.

I also have a 1989 M998 that went through a 2007 MME reset that I bought with a nuked GEP, so they are not infallable.

YMMV
How do you like the 6.5 with the four speed? I here the M1045A2 will ride better than my M998... Is this true?

desmodromic

How do you like the 6.5 with the four speed? I here the M1045A2 will ride better than my M998... Is this true?
I think the 4 speed is the most noticeable improvement. I have 6.2s that seem to run as strong as any 6.5, but a 6.5/4L80e combo is the tits. Unless you are talking about a 6.5 Turbo/4L80e :)

The 10.3K chassis definitely need a little weight to smooth out the ride, so I imagine the hardtop helps.

Last edited:

Bravojmc

I think the 4 speed is the most noticeable improvement. I have 6.2s that seem to run as strong as any 6.5, but a 6.5/4L80e combo is the tits. Unless you are talking about a 6.5 Turbo/4L80e :)The 10.3K chassis definitely need a little weight to smooth out the ride, so I imagine the hardtop helps.
How long did the EUC for your M1045A2 to clear?

desmodromic

Correct. I received the same warning with both my USMC trucks, but the 1123A2 cleared in 11 days during the height of the processing delays this past summer. Somebody just posted tht their 11/29 USMC purchased just cleared yesterday, so maybe the Marines channel is actually picling up the pace.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks