• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105, general idea on value?

Bobweb

Anyone know what the ballpark figure is on this trailer? Info is limited but here are some pics. Trailer is in good shape structurally. Here are pics. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I remember buying them from Government Liquidation dirt cheap.
They would sell two of the 3/4 ton trailers and one of the M105's as a package deal.
I scrapped a bunch of them when scrap was high a few years ago because I couldn't sell them for scrap value.
They are too big to be pulled by a pickup truck and if you want to put a decent load on then you have to have a truck with air brakes or risk getting run over by over by it.
If you have a deuce they make a good prop for photo op and you can actually get some use out of them for hauling stuff.
The usual pat answer is they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember buying them from Government Liquidation dirt cheap.
They would sell two of the 3/4 ton trailers and one of the M105's as a package deal.
I scrapped a bunch of them when scrap was high a few years ago because I couldn't sell them for scrap value.
They are too big to be pulled by a pickup truck and if you want to put a decent load on then you have to have a truck with air brakes or risk getting run over by over by it.
If you have a deuce they make a good prop for photo op and you can actually get some use out of them for hauling stuff.
The usual pat answer is they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them.
I remember the days of 2 of them for $100 or so out of Wright-Patterson

Bobweb

Thanks so much for the info fellas

my deuce actually came from wright-Patterson!
I really don’t need the trailer but offered the guy 900 for it. It’s in pretty good shape from what I can tell.

Also another question:

Are the two levers up front near the landing gear for disabling the brakes in case you don’t have the deuce around when I move it? The deuce is up in north Georgia where I’m about to relocate and I’m gonna have to load it on a trailer w a skid steer if he accepts the offer

Attachments

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks so much for the info fellas

my deuce actually came from wright-Patterson!
I really don’t need the trailer but offered the guy 900 for it. It’s in pretty good shape from what I can tell.

Also another question:

Are the two levers up front near the landing gear for disabling the brakes in case you don’t have the deuce around when I move it? The deuce is up in north Georgia where I’m about to relocate and I’m gonna have to load it on a trailer w a skid steer if he accepts the offer
The two levers are the parking brakes. One for each wheel. Up is released, down / forward is brake applied. Applying air does not release these, they are all mechanical.

If yours has two air hoses and an air tank, it will lock the brakes if the emergency line is disconnected from a truck and the trailer air tank is full. You then have to drain the trailer air tank to release the brakes, in addition to having the handles up.

Bobweb

The two levers are the parking brakes. One for each wheel. Up is released, down / forward is brake applied. Applying air does not release these, they are all mechanical.

If yours has two air hoses and an air tank, it will lock the brakes if the emergency line is disconnected from a truck and the trailer air tank is full. You then have to drain the trailer air tank to release the brakes, in addition to having the handles up.
Thank you for the knowledge

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks