• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Trailer Auctions

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pick a site that has many in one auction, they will typically be less expensive.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. When GL indicates "Many at this site" in the red banner, do they auction all of them at once to meet the requirments of all bidders or do they list them separately?

DieselBob

You should also figure in how far away the trailer is. I spent more than most would but it was in great shape and located 20 minutes away which made for a very easy 2 hour recovery. 2cents

mcmullag

cheaper than a M101

They seem to go for less than the M101's.
They are one heavy trailer, empty weight is 2,750 lbs
if I recall correctly. I state that mine.....
is just for accesorizing my deuce, dont really
need it, its just for looks when doing parades, etc.. :beer:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
105A3s were going for around $200-$250 at Hooks last month. It's really just a matter of catching them when there's a large batch going at once.

To answer your question of "more at this location," if you don't see a picture of it, don't count on there being more. Each individual lot is just that, "individual." There might be 2 in that lot (which they'll tell you) but you're bidding on that specific item and the top bidder will take it home.

Jimma

It appears to be mainly a supply in demand issue. If there are alot being auctioned at one time at a location the prices will be lower and as previously stated sometimes it will be two for one deal. I picked up mine yesterday thanks to member Papercu after winning my auction in April from Ft. Stwewart. When I bid on mine there were not many available at that time in Georgia. I got a trailer with the bows and brand new tires but needing a paintjob (its desert tan). I Paid more because of supply in demand $300. but got a trailer with new brand new tires with minimal, minimal rust just needing to paint it.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
My long winded answer.

I just bought a 2007 rebuilt 105 without tarp and bows for min bid. Unless the trailer was within a very short commute, I would not pay much over min bid. I had another trailer that hit 190 that was a tan 2005 rebuild and I bailed.

The supply of these trailers is huge. Just an estimate but I figure that for ever five deuces there is a 105 trailer. It is probably more like ever three. All those trailers are being dumped in the system as fast as they can be gotten rid of. The military is dumping these trailers even if they do not have the M1082/M1095 replacements.

The same is true with the M101 trailers. Again, min bid as the military is dumping these to make way for the M1101 HIMOB trailer.

It is not a good time to be a military surplus trailer dealer. We have seen prices go from upwards of 600 a trailer to now min bid. On the non-GL market, you have to figure titling and transport so a decent trailer with tarp, bows, sideracks with title should run about 600 +/- 100 depending on the state it gets tagged in, transportation fees, etc.

My 2 cents.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The supply of these trailers is huge. Just an estimate but I figure that for ever five deuces there is a 105 trailer.

I think it is the other way around. For every one deuce there are 5 M105 trailers. It's like the government used these along with camo nets etc as welfare programs for certain manufacturers.