• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A1 vs. A2 - differences?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What are the differences between an M105A1 and an M105A2?

The front landing gear and what else?

Thanks in advance,

Clinto

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Any other ideas? I thought there was more of a difference than just landing gear.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure where the brake change fell on them but there was a change from the single line brake system to the dual line system with the relay valve. My old XM105E3 was updated to the A1 and still had the single line brake system.

JDToumanian

I could be wrong, but I thought the brakes were the only difference... an A1 has the single air line and the A2 has two. Also, the A2 could still have the older landing leg with the single large wheel, if it started as an A1 but had been upgraded to dual-line brakes. Also, an A1 or A2 could have either single or dual wheel cylinders per hub.

The dual brake lines is a significant improvement, since it provides emergency braking in the event of trailer break-away. My old M105A1 has no such safety backup.
Regards,
Jon

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Some of the newer ones also have a different lifting points. Instead of just a ring they used plate steel with holes cut in them. I think it was just a upgrade for later A2s though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks