• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a2 aftermarket tongue jack

fpchief

Can I please get pics/ideas in Installing an aftermarket jack? Going to start tearing my landing gear apart and see if that shaft can be bent back but will most likely take it all off.

allredsd

Sure thing...

I welded a 2" receiver to the plate - which covers the whole A-frame section under the lunette housing. It does cut off access to the safety chain bolts though.

20200422_105844.jpg

The hitch is a Bullet Proof brand Extreme Duty 12" drop hitch. It's WAAAY overkill, as it's rated for 12,000#, but it does look cool I admit. For my F150 the 8" drop would have been enough. The lunette ring is from them as well.

20200422_105909.jpg

IAState01

Two days ago I installed a MAXXHAUL Swing-back trailer jack (Amazon for like $35 ). Its bolt-on, 1500 lb capable with the dual plastic wheels. Harbor Freight has a similar version.
My M103-A3 trailer is still a work in progress, so its probably not in the final location, but at least its usable-ish. I mounted it on the driver's side inside the "V" of the tongue. It could be mounted on the outside but the big grab handle is in the way. The bolt on jacks are meant for 5" frames and these trailers are maybe 1/8" over that, so I ground a flat on the shoulder of 2 of the long bolts. One option/plan when I redo this is to get 1" longer bolts and grind flats on all 4 to make assemble easier.
Option 2 (ultimate!) is to get the weld-on version with round collar. I would then weld 2" receiver tube under the tongue and in the back corners of the trailer. Weld the round collar to male 2" tube and I can move it around as needed, or get extra couple and be able to level the trailer. I will then make a male receiver mount for my cheapo winch and be able to put it anywhere on the trailer for pulling logs, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks