• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 dimensions

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying to find the height of a M105A2 with the cover installed. I also need to know the width measurement from the outside of one tire to the outside of the other tire(trying to see if it will fit between the fenders of my trailer to haul it on). I have looked for this info in TM 9-2330-213-14&P but I don't see it there(there is one photo of a data tag but it is not clear and does not show the height either. Can someone refer me to the correct TM for this info or measure your trailer. The trailer I have to haul it on measures 82" between the fenders. TIA, Eric

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Obtain TM 43-0001-31 from the TM library and refer to that. Listed for the height look at the M105 trailers. They don't list the track width but if you look at the next few listings you will see one for the M103A3 trailer, it shows the outside track dimension. Height with cover is 95 1/2" and the outside track width is 82 1/4".

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you Kenny.

Scarecrow1

It will fit but man dont let any slack get in the chains and hit a bump. I would try to find another trailer with some safety room ........just in case. ..If not why don't you pull it .Just asking ...With a 1/4 inch on each side theres no room for error .....

Maguyvah

Why not tow one, and stack (upside down) the other, I have done this before, and will be doing it again on Tuesday. I will post photos when I can. Obviously you will have to remove the bows & tarp and I bolt the two together as well as strap the units.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Why not tow one, and stack (upside down) the other, I have done this before, and will be doing it again on Tuesday. I will post photos when I can. Obviously you will have to remove the bows & tarp and I bolt the two together as well as strap the units.
looking foward to the pics of your trailers, but the previous post was over 2 years ago, so the poster above likely has the trailers by now, or has given up.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been done, look at the GA Rally pictures from 2009 or 2010. There are other threads where folks show them doing it. Basically it involves standing both trailers on the back ends (tailgate), then slipping stakes in the pockets, sliding the two trailers together, strap them together, then flip them back onto one set of wheels. Attach the trailer on the ground to the towing vehicle and off you go!