• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 hitch

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made a hitch so so I could pull my M105A2 level with my Dodge 3/4 ton truck. I made it from scrap metal I had laying around and a reciver tube from Tractor Supply. I still have to flip the lunette to the lower position but the trailer is level when hooked up.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: M105A2 hitch

rosco said:
Your going to be short on brakes!

Leer in Alaska
Not really. I just hauled a multifuel and trans with some other parts (I'm guessing about 3,000lbs) on my madien voyage with the new hitch and didn't have a problem at all stopping.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
KaiserM109 said:
Here's what it looked like towing an M105 from GL at Ft. Carson, CO. It would have towed a little better if I had flipped the lunette over.
That's fine just to get them home. I wouldn't fool with trying to flip the lunette on the GL yard. I made my hitch so I could haul stuff behind the Dodge and the tailgate wouldn't be so high.

KaiserM109

m16ty said:
I wouldn't fool with trying to flip the lunette on the GL yard.
Ft. Carson to home was only 90 mi. and the M105 was empty, 2700 lb. Even so, it jerked the Bronco around a bit.

We picked up a kitchen trailer in Utah and towed it 350 mi. with a more appropriate vehicle, a F250 diesel. I estimated it weighs 4,000 lb. We did take the time to flip the lunette in the GL yard; it only took a few minutes.

Arlyn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks