• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 outside to outside wheel measurement

workaholic

After looking through the TM as well as the plate picture online, I am not finding the width of this trailer at the wheels. I am looking to transport one with an open trailer, but i am not 100% sure if I can get it on to the trailer because of its width. The only numbers i can find is the overall width including the box and the inside to inside width on the wheels. My trailer width is 75 1/2 inches wide.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks. i knew i was close, but close isnt exact. appreciate the info.
If you want "exact"... it's 77-3/4" sidewall to sidewall; plus another 1/4" per side, for the tire's bulge (even fully inflated & empty).
So you need something with a bed that is 78-1/2" wide, at least.
Unless your trailer was a flatbed, it seems to be too narrow for the task.

workaholic

If you want "exact"... it's 77-3/4" sidewall to sidewall; plus another 1/4" per side, for the tire's bulge (even fully inflated & empty).
So you need something with a bed that is 78-1/2" wide, at least.
Unless your trailer was a flatbed, it seems to be too narrow for the task.
it is not a flatbed and i believe you are correct. thanks.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've recovered a lot of trailers in last few years. Only one of them actually "needed" to be trailered as it had a shredded tire. Most of them I have towed home unless I had bought more than 1 at same yard. Check bearings after a few miles and if not hot motor on. I carry a set of magnetic trailer lights in truck at all times too just in case I run across one in my travels.