• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 Trailer spec. question

azpatriot

Gentlemen,
I'm requesting an SF97 from GL for the unit I picked up in Barstow in Feb. They are requesting the weight of the unit and its GVWR. Anyone know these?

Also, my data plate on the tow bar is completely blank. Anyway to determine the VIN, year and make other than the plate?
Thank you,
Carl
Mesa, Az

azpatriot

Re: RE: M105A2 Trailer spec. question

mangus580 said:
The TM for the 105 trailer will have all that information for you.
I looked in the TM list under resources before asking this question. It isn't there.

papercu

Trailer

Maybe this will help on the first question.

M105 Series Cargo Trailer
Weights:
Payload Maximum:
Cross-country. . . . . . . . . . . 3000 lb (1362 kg)
Highway . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3000 lb (1362 kg)
Vehicle (net) . . . . . . . . . . . 2650 lb (1203 kg)
Total:
Cross-country . . . . . . . . . . . 5650 lb (2565 kg)
Highway. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5650 lb (2565 kg)

I don't know the answer to the second question.
The TM is 9-2330-213-14&P and is on this site for download.
Good luck, Wayne

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Trailer

I'm not aware of the VIN being stamped anywhere in the frame but that doesn't mean it's not there.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

I had this same question, I have a couple of trailers (105's) that don't have, or the numbers are unreadable.....
How do you get an SF97?.......

azpatriot

Papercu,
Thank you Sir!

FMJ,
An SF97 can be had through Govt Liquidators if you purchased through them. If not, and you have no title or registration from the seller you need to research through your DMV.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Trailer

azpatriot said:
Papercu,
Thank you Sir!

FMJ,
An SF97 can be had through Govt Liquidators if you purchased through them. If not, and you have no title or registration from the seller you need to research through your DMV.
Thanks, I knew that......

but if you don't have the info to fill out the SF 97 request form your kinda stuck.....

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dug and dug for the same info. I could not find GVRW or trailer weight in the TM listed above. Maybe I over-looked it, but I don't think it's there.

I found the (curb) weight here:

http://www.jedsite.info/trailers/mi...ies/z-document/doc_000-tm11240154b-m105a2.pdf

On my Request for SF97, I put 2650 lbs. for "weight" and 5750 lbs. for GVWR. "5750" is shown with GL descriptions for the M105A2.

Also, I see where MV Data Plates will stamp plates for the M105 trailer. That's a good thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks