• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A3 Stabilizer Jack: Where did they all go?

rwoods

With all the M105A3 out there with no stabilizer jack, it makes you wonder where they all went and why none show up for sale. I sure would like to have one to compete my trailer. Ron

lonegunman

I guess I got lucky. I bought a trailer earlier this year. It looked like new in the pictures and it turns out it was 10 months out from a fresh overhaul and new everything. The best 330 bucks ever spent.

I know this is not in the least bit useful, but I really like having a trailer for my deuce and my wife could care less.:p

Scarecrow1

Isaw a few crates of them for sale at a site we can not mention a few months ago . I thought they were slvaged off of scrapped trailers ..Now I'm not so sure ...I wonder why they would remove the landing gear off of a perfectly good trailer ....Makes no scents to me :cookoo:

Chief_919

The original langing leg for the 105A3 was very failure prone. There is an MWO that replaces it, but many units just left it off it it broke if they were turning it in, and I am sure the GL forklift operators have removed a few.

papercu

Remember google is our friend also.
M105A3 landing leg, Another great idea brought to you by a unnamed, but proud, planning committee from somewhere in the Pentagon.
“WARNING: Failure of the landing leg may result in a permanent or partial disability.” Wayne
Case Study 1:  M105A3 Landing Leg

rwoods

Stabilizer jack - not landing gear.

I am not looking for the landing gear (and it is pitiful and dangerous). I am looking for the stabilizer jack that rides on the fender. You use it to stabilize the rear of the trailer and you can use it to change a tire. Ron

Last edited:

Darwin T

here is the jack rwoods is looking for and i am looking for another one also.

i am looking for a new front landing gear (not bent) with the socket (not bent). i don't plan on moving it without one of my trucks so a new one should last me. however, a new upgraded one would be nice.

Attachments

Last edited:

rwoods

Guys, I ended up buying one directly from Pribbs so I could complete the tornado relief truck. I don't know if they will sell to the general public or not. They aren't cheap - $250.00 plus shipping. I brought the trailer for $450. This was my contact:

Fred Ashe
Pribbs Steel & MFG, Inc
701-795-1726 Phone
701-795-1720 Fax

Ron

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
resurrecting this from the archives....

I just picked up a trailer and my stabilizer does not have a crank handle and maybe the top cover?

I saw other pics on the web in the same condition. Was there 2 styles or did they get damaged if the handle was poking out?

Has anyone rebuilt one of these units?

Does any one have good up close pics of this stabilizer?

It looks like Pribbs steel and manufacturing is history....

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
so after playing on the interwebs and looking at a few too many pixels my SWAG is the following:

There are 2 styles of landing legs and stabilizing jacks that are dependent if the MWO 9-2330-324-23-1 has been applied.

If the original landing leg has not been modified; the original stabilizing jack does have a crank handle and adjusts like your typical jack.

If the MWO kit has been installed the front jack is replaced and a beefed up plate and support is installed. It then calls for a different rear stabilizer that appears it can only be adjusted by lowering the bottom leg and choosing the right hole the pin will go through which means all the adjusting is done with the front jack.

My newest acquisition does have the MWO kit installed. :)

GP pic is of a un modified trailer with the original carppy front jack and the original stabilizer.

My theory might explain why either of these stabilizers are hard to find as the originals got tossed when upgraded.

11609711_1_0_0001.jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks