• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1061a1 Air Brake Relay help

Squibknocket1

Hello everyone! I purchased this trailer early summer 2022. It’s a project that was put on the back burner until now. The relay was damaged when I received it. I purchased another relay from a surplus parts supplier.
The issue:
When sending air to trailer, the reservoir does not fill. I have air moving through the glad hand all the way to the relay. I’ve replaced air lines, cleaned/replaced inline filters and have taken the relay apart. It had what looked to be a little beach sand in it, but nothing was scored or damaged. I cleaned it up and put it back together. Using a Schrader valve, I’ve sent air through every port on the relay, and not one directs air to the reservoir port. However, if I fill the tank separately, the relay seems to function as it should. Am I missing something? I don’t see anything in the TMs indicating the tank is filled by a different means other than the relay.
Thanks in advance

17F19F5B-1865-4C93-877C-E5ACBAEA918D.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks