• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 55000 T Case won’t shift to low

JphOshkosh

Recently bought a m1070. Most all is good except. Transfer case won’t shift into low gear. Runs fine in high but shit lever won’t go into low. Any advice on a possible cause and fix would be greatly appreciated.
Also - any referrals to manuals and videos of removal and maintenance of an Oshkosh 55000 transfer case would help.
If I need replace - are there several models of 55000 cases? I have found several for sale but the only differences identified are a narrow or wide pattern. I assume the m1070 is a wide one but are there other distinctions?
Thanks much for any and all help.

monstermog

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh....well I have had the same issues at least I thought so at first. I was told to try moving fwd ...coasting and it went right in....the same for putting it back in high. Have you tried this methid?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Recently bought a m1070. Most all is good except. Transfer case won’t shift into low gear. Runs fine in high but shit lever won’t go into low. Any advice on a possible cause and fix would be greatly appreciated.
Also - any referrals to manuals and videos of removal and maintenance of an Oshkosh 55000 transfer case would help.
If I need replace - are there several models of 55000 cases? I have found several for sale but the only differences identified are a narrow or wide pattern. I assume the m1070 is a wide one but are there other distinctions?
Thanks much for any and all help.
The 55000 cases arent as plentiful as they once were years ago. Those who have them want a pretty penny.

Did you remove the cable at the transfer case shift rod and attempt to move the shaft with a prybar. Simply place a bolt thru the clevis end. You probably just have a shift cable with water in it and rusted it up.

55000a transfer case is normal in junkyards removed from old oshkosh snowplows

monstermog

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 55000 cases arent as plentiful as they once were years ago. Those who have them want a pretty penny.

Did you remove the cable at the transfer case shift rod and attempt to move the shaft with a prybar. Simply place a bolt thru the clevis end. You probably just have a shift cable with water in it and rusted it up.

55000a transfer case is normal in junkyards removed from old oshkosh snowplows
No I did not remove the cable. I just provided a small fwd movement and it shifted into low gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks