• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 HET fried electronics?!?

buzzardlightyear8

What's up everyone! I am a lmtv and five ton owner I just picked up a hett. The truck came perfectly fine other then needing a new set of batteries... Longstory short we couldn't jump it to get it off the truck so we tried to disconnect the 4 battery setup and reconnect a 2 battery setup because it was a Friday night and the only thing open was Walmart but when we reconnected everything in the dark the the main ground got connected to power and sparked and fried something then once I went to try to fire up the truck no beeping or light in the dash... not really to sure where to start i was thinking of trying to replace the ecm but I wasn't sure if that was the only thing that could have been fried ? I have seem some Detroit engince also have a control station interface module that has a direct power connection to batteries. So I wasn't sure if it could be something like that? If anyone might have any info it would be greatly appreciated to get this 46000lb paper weight going

Valor

What's up everyone! I am a lmtv and five ton owner I just picked up a hett. The truck came perfectly fine other then needing a new set of batteries... Longstory short we couldn't jump it to get it off the truck so we tried to disconnect the 4 battery setup and reconnect a 2 battery setup because it was a Friday night and the only thing open was Walmart but when we reconnected everything in the dark the the main ground got connected to power and sparked and fried something then once I went to try to fire up the truck no beeping or light in the dash... not really to sure where to start i was thinking of trying to replace the ecm but I wasn't sure if that was the only thing that could have been fried ? I have seem some Detroit engince also have a control station interface module that has a direct power connection to batteries. So I wasn't sure if it could be something like that? If anyone might have any info it would be greatly appreciated to get this 46000lb paper weight going
I'm not familiar with the HETT but I would start looking for a fuse somewhere that could be blown.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There are fuse breakers there on the center console. I assume you have checked them and pulled the cover to make sure nothing in there is crispy?

buzzardlightyear8

I'm not familiar with the HETT but I would start looking for a fuse somewhere that could be blown.
Pulled the top lid of the fuse box eith all the fuses and solenoids i pressed every fuse to reset since this truck has a breaker box in the cab ... still nothing pretty sure I fried the battery cut-off switch I got the switch wired out by juts putting the positives together and the negatives to route out the switch in the sequence when the negatives connect nothing ... but when I run positives with no ground dash lights will flash along with check engine and beep the engine will crank but won't turn over

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Pulled the top lid of the fuse box eith all the fuses and solenoids i pressed every fuse to reset since this truck has a breaker box in the cab ... still nothing pretty sure I fried the battery cut-off switch I got the switch wired out by juts putting the positives together and the negatives to route out the switch in the sequence when the negatives connect nothing ... but when I run positives with no ground dash lights will flash along with check engine and beep the engine will crank but won't turn over
You mean the motor will spin over but won't fire?

Did you check your breakers with a test light to ensure you have power top and bottom of the brfries.

The battery disconnect can be opened up and see if the post is fried.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks