• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 transport

Sandog

I just bought a m1070 that doesn’t have fuel tanks on it so obviously it doesn’t drive. I’m getting it hauled closer to my house but have to have a big wrecker tow it the last mile because of too tight of road getting to my house. Question is what do I need to do to be able to tow it behind the wrecker. TIA

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I just bought a m1070 that doesn’t have fuel tanks on it so obviously it doesn’t drive. I’m getting it hauled closer to my house but have to have a big wrecker tow it the last mile because of too tight of road getting to my house. Question is what do I need to do to be able to tow it behind the wrecker. TIA
Brakes on it will already be caged from govplanet

Put transfer case in neutral

They will wheel lift the front tires so the rear steer will stay in line.

BTW good luck finding the stock fuel tanks. I haven't found any in 2yrs

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Whatever pulls it up the hill either needs to have air or you need the ability to "CAGE" the brakes. Chances are that the wrecker driver will have glad hands on the back of the wrecker that will attach to the two glad hands in front of your M1070.

And @simp5782 already offered up that information just before I pressed "reply"

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
how about using you're nogging and put a 5 gallon can on the seat and run a rubber hose to the fuel pump ? assuming it does run??
If it's missing the tanks then it's missing alot more. Those ones at Sierra are pretty rough when they are missing stuff.

I wouldn't trust that computerized 2 stroke to start

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks