• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 U-Joints 16N14-8A

Schmirgel

Hello everyone,

We are currently looking for a kit for the U-Joints. Unfortunately, I am having difficulties with this.

In the TM 9-2320-365-24P manual, the part number is 16N14-8A.

However, I can find lots of other designations in various online stores.

Here are a few examples:

- 2520-01-657-8029

- 5-279X 1610 Series (Dana&Spicer)

- 2520-01-362-1089 NOS

Can you help us? Where do you buy your U-joint kits?

Would this one fit?

We have a "D" on the plate under the steering wheel - means it should be the reinforced version.

Our favorite so far:

Greets from Germany

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh wow, thanks a lot :) Do you know what is there different between the Parts from Meritor?
Insignificant differences - seal types and regular vs. break-away torque limiting bolts, etc. Meritor has updated the u-joints a few times. The latest ones claim they are good for 100,000 miles between greasing (wouldn't do this in our high-angle application), and they now come with the break-away bolts so you don't need a torque wrench.

If it's on that list then the military considers it the same part. You order the NSN - you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. Torque wrench may be required per the TM..... or not. 🤷‍♂️

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks