• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 WONT START!!!!(no power)

nate1471

I would first off like to say thank you for letting me join yalls world. I hope to learn a lot of things from yall.

let me give you some back ground of my LMTV. Im a part of a small vol fire department and im tasked with the up keep if the trucks. well we bought are self's a m1078 for a high water vehicle and this truck does awesome at that! EV141 FIRST TRIP THROUGH WATER.jpgas you can see..... So after hurricane Harvey hit us like...well a hurricane he had major flooding and are truck had its time to shine and got a lot of use. After all was said and done the water went down the truck went back in to storage we started to have problems. the trucks has a main power cut off located right next to the battery box InkedLMTV BATTERY BOX_LI.jpg as shown by the red arrow. the power cut went bad and wasn't turning the power on to the truck. problem i know. so i got the great idea lets just jump the power cut off since there is a 2nd power cut switch on the dash. ive seen many lmtvs with out this box off the side so i said what the heck. now the main cut off is jumped but the truck is only getting half the power when the dash switch switched is turned on. i tried to jump the pos switch and the truck gets full power and fires right up like nothing ever happened. InkedLMTV POWER SWITCHES_LI.jpg the part that is in blue is the switch i jumped to get the truck started. so please tell me is this switch bad and if so where can i buy a new one and what is the issue that im over looking. please any help will be great. thanks.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup that switch is bad, did not like being submerged. Get the part number off the label on it and Google it and see what you come up with. Should be a commercial part available from truck supply sources in Houston.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If don't have the Technical Manuals you can download them here for free;
[h=1]M1078 TM's[/h]Hopefully you serviced the submerged parts , axles ect before storing.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nate has a M1078A1, and those switches in the battery box area are unique to the A1's and not covered in the basic M1078 manual series. The A1's technical manuals are only available electronically to the military.

redman333

I don’t own one of these yet but isn’t that just a mag switch. Meaning it has two small wires for the signal circuit and two large gage wires which is the load? That’s what it looks like in the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowtrac nome

they are continuous duty solenoids the trick would be to get a 24 volt marine type that would be somewhat water proof. do not use a starter solenoid they aren't intended for continuous use.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh and check to make sure the smaller terminals on the solenoid switch are getting 12? volts from the harness before you replace the part needlessly.

nate1471

Ok so I have an update the solenoids where bad. i jumped them and the truck started right up. the solenoids have been replaced the the truck is running in tip top shape. :}

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks