• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078a1 - Starter Flange Play

gslader

I was doing a quick PM once over on my truck today and noticed a bit play - about 1/16" - between the starter and the starter flange (video below) - which means I'll need to pull the entire starter off to tighten the flange. I'm assuming there is no such thing as a "good amount" of play between my starter and the flange - but before I pull it off I thought I'd check. . . .

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was doing a quick PM once over on my truck today and noticed a bit play - about 1/16" - between the starter and the starter flange (video below) - which means I'll need to pull the entire starter off to tighten the flange. I'm assuming there is no such thing as a "good amount" of play between my starter and the flange - but before I pull it off I thought I'd check. . . .

Like @GeneralDisorder said, pull it and fix it. LocTite is your friend. OR check it after you fix it - then after every third or so crankings - check it again.

Keeping your starter working and not having to buy a new one is a lot like a wife. If you call a starter a girl or give it a girly name - the Cheaper To Keep Her mantra comes to mind. :)

Hey - we gotta have fun here - and I hope you got a chuckle out of my post.