• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1079 van internal dimensions?

redman333

Thanks. I actually feel like an idiot. I searched and searched. Google and all. And couldn’t find the answer. Then after I made the thread I did another search and those threads popped up. Was able to make a quick sketch of the living space I’d want. I need to finish this part and sell my land cruiser before starting to search for a m1079 but it’s a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redman333

If anyone here wants to see this is what I’ve designed so far. Only have about 10min into this so don’t judge on quality.

I’m trying to get a sleeping area for 2 adults, 2kids going on 3 and a full size lab. I’d like to have comfortable sleeping for everyone, a decent kitchen, a full shower and a toilet. I didn’t put a toilet in this design yet but thinking right next to the shower closest to the rear doors. Will be a cassette toilet. The upper queen size bed will be on a riser track system so that it can be raised.

Thinking about changing the bottom bed to a u shape dinette with a table that can be lowered and changed into a bed also. Then the upper bed can be lifted and we can have a place to sit and eat or talk in bad weather.

Do any of you guys know if either of the rear doors open first. Was thinking about using only one side as an entrance and the. Putting the backside of the kitchen against the door that stays and then on nice days I can open the doors up and cook in front of a nice view.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If anyone here wants to see this is what I’ve designed so far. Only have about 10min into this so don’t judge on quality.

I’m trying to get a sleeping area for 2 adults, 2kids going on 3 and a full size lab. I’d like to have comfortable sleeping for everyone, a decent kitchen, a full shower and a toilet. I didn’t put a toilet in this design yet but thinking right next to the shower closest to the rear doors. Will be a cassette toilet. The upper queen size bed will be on a riser track system so that it can be raised.

Thinking about changing the bottom bed to a u shape dinette with a table that can be lowered and changed into a bed also. Then the upper bed can be lifted and we can have a place to sit and eat or talk in bad weather.

Do any of you guys know if either of the rear doors open first. Was thinking about using only one side as an entrance and the. Putting the backside of the kitchen against the door that stays and then on nice days I can open the doors up and cook in front of a nice view.

Some insight

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=162578

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

coachgeo

Redman333 Please stop by a desktop and edit your post soon before the edit feature is time blocked. Edit in order to upload your images to this board. Just use the URL's for your pictures to upload them into your post so others in the future may learn from them.

redman333

Redman333 Please stop by a desktop and edit your post soon before the edit feature is time blocked. Edit in order to upload your images to this board. Just use the URL's for your pictures to upload them into your post so others in the future may learn from them.
Apologies but I don’t understand what you’re asking. Are the pics not showing up? I just uploaded through tapatalk app. It shows on my phone. I haven’t used any links since the whole photobucket thing.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Apologies but I don’t understand what you’re asking. Are the pics not showing up? I just uploaded through tapatalk app. It shows on my phone. I haven’t used any links since the whole photobucket thing.

Tapatalk does not always display pictures on the computer version of steel soldiers. Sometimes it does, at times it doesn't. So whenever you get to a computer just check over your posts and open the link to the picture, if there is one, click save as to download it to your computer. click "edit posts", delete the link and upload the picture from your computer using the attachment section. I have to do that sometimes.

redman333

Tapatalk does not always display pictures on the computer version of steel soldiers. Sometimes it does, at times it doesn't. So whenever you get to a computer just check over your posts and open the link to the picture, if there is one, click save as to download it to your computer. click "edit posts", delete the link and upload the picture from your computer using the attachment section. I have to do that sometimes.
Gotcha. Appreciate you walking me through that. I won’t be able to get on a computer until this afternoon hopefully that’s not too long.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks