• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1083 A0 Fuel Solenoid

Shiflett

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Legends, thanks in advance for your help. I’ve tried to consult the TM’s but have come up short. The PO had the fuel solenoid hard wired directly to the batteries through a mechanical switch in the battery box. This meant to stop the engine you had to hop out. I’m working to rerun the wiring to the original setup.

Facts:
1. Fuel solenoid hack worked. Ground to the solenoids top post, 24v to the bottom post. Engine started and ran perfect.
2. Batteries are charged
3. CB79 has 24v and new fuse
4. K1, K19, K24 all have new relays and 24v
5. Start inhibitor has failed but is now bypassed and has 24v
6. TL 28 (wires 54-p31 and 1441-p31x) was disconnected and has 10v
7. TL29 (wires 3015-p31 and “p33 1”) and TL66 (wire 3027-p201) were connected to the bottom of the solenoid, with the hack mentioned above.

Seems like TL28 is grounding somewhere to have that much voltage drop…if it’s supposed to have 24v

Questions:
1. Can someone point me to the correct TM and section.
2. Would someone take a picture of their 3116 fuel solenoid for reference
3. Could some verify which wires go to what post.
4. Is it possible the solenoid had its own ground wire making it a total of four wire connections?

I appreciate any help. IMG_0037.jpegIMG_0038.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks