• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088 battery wires

awind

On some trucks I notice the hydraulic reservoir behind the drivers front tire and the added switch panel on the dash. Similar to a truck with a winch. I must be seeing these with winches. Thanks

gavland

On some trucks I notice the hydraulic reservoir behind the drivers front tire and the added switch panel on the dash. Similar to a truck with a winch. I must be seeing these with winches. Thanks
Yes these are winch trucks, the winch is on the passenger side frame in front of the back tire. Nothing like the m925 winch
runs along frame and pops out the front bumper, so you don't see it unless your looking for it.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Like a m916 rear drag winch? No not made for that on the Lmtv. Winch cable comes out the side along the frame. 15k capacity on 5 ton. Ok for light recovery. Depending on weight and terrain you might be able to move the trailer into a position where you could connect to it. There is enough room to mount a larger drag winch on the rear deck of the m1088 tractor. That would be the ideal way to do it. The tractor itself will pull a lot of weight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks