• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 Camper Build

Verkstad

Campers are great fun. Glad to see you are using your boy as justification to build out !

One thing with rigid foam insulation, I built a camper once and used rigidfoam, It works great as insulation for climatecontrol, But it does seem to transmit noise more than the fiberglass batting was in there before.

Also, For heat a woodstove is one option, Another option for heat is a oilstove like used on sailboats. Ofcourse woodstoves have advantage over it in some regards, I like an oilstove as its a more compact less fuss fuelsource.
Enjoy your fun with it !
Jakob

lwizardl

Thanks for this tool, works great. I have most of my camper ideas laid out on there, and I now have a better idea how it will look. Tried to post a picture from there, don't know if it can be done. :cry:
there is a couple very simple ways to do this.

1) file -> export -> 2D image and choose jpeg (might be off on the naming but i think that was how i did it.)

2) on your keyboard you should have a button labeled "prt sc" usualy next to "scroll lock" key. press the print screen key whic is that prt sc key. then open any image edition program and select paste. a image of the current screen when you pressed the prt sc key will show up to be saved.

very interested in these builds :)

135gmc

You can sketch out a floor plan on graph paper, but its also easy to use some chalk and draw the 109's interior outline on a concrete slab, then you can try things full size to be sure that everything fits before you start sacrificing lumber. You can also do this inside the 109's box - mock up the dinette with some cardboard and tape to be sure that everything fits and that nothing gets in something else's way - old carboard is a lot cheaper than plywood.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks