• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 camper/man cave... Ammo Can Stove with outside Air Ideas????

61sleepercab

Long winter night and dreaming of M109 camper/man cave project to start when I get truck from Pa.
I have looked at Ammo Can /freon/propane stoves for ideas of a compact heater for the M109 box. I want to keep things compact and close to box wall by using shielding and fireproof material in Box wall .
Has anyone seen/built a small stove with a bottom air inlet that could be ducted from the outside for combustion air?

My idea is a 2" air inlet pipe through the box wall for inlet air with a damper control cap on a threaded rod to open and close air intake and a removable chimney for transport . I want to avoid a roof hole if possible for the chimney due to leaks and tree limb removal when on rural roads. Any ideas out there, based on combination of 50 cal. ,20mm cans?

How would the old multifuel Army tent tin can stove work in the real world? Thanks for input, Mark

Katahdin

Eventually I will get to installing a woodstove in mine. I already have a small conventional woodstove I inherited from my Dad.

My plan is to remove a window, rivet the opening with sheet metal, insulate the gap with rockwool insulation, and make a round hole for the chimney pipe.

To attach the chimney elbow and pipe to the outside of the M109, use the boarding ladder. There are already brackets on the side of the M109 box to hook the ladder.

For transport, remove the chimney pipe pieces and slide over the blackout cover, nobody would know there is no window there.

61sleepercab

Yes I will watch the CO with a detector . I want to put most of the built in items in the front wall area as I plan a box mounted Tommy Lift to allow access to the box for stuff like gas engines I collect. I want some bins/cabinets over the windows and some fold down ? cot frames for sleep. I go to local gas engine shows and a place to camp or hang out would be a plus. I have a MKT 85 field kitchen and may fix removable three bowl sinks and racks in the back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks