• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109/M185 Shop Box Window Replacement...

archmark

Has anyone come up with an alternative replacement window for the PITA standard issued shop box windows on the M109/M185? I'm tired of screwing around with mine, especially the sticking blackout covers, etc., etc. etc.

I've gone to several RV window sites and have found what look to be some pretty nice custom slider, tinted, dual pane replacements, but at $350 each. Anybody have a source that's maybe not so pricey but has quality goods?

Thanks...

Mark

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think there were some replacement windows being sold in the classifieds, but I forget who was selling them.

I was thinking of buying them, but decided I would rebuild the ones I have as some future project. I wouldn't mind replacing them with something modern, but want to maintain the blackout covers, which may be difficult.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, I broke one this winter and they seem to be laminated safety glass.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think he is looking for an alternate installation to replace the original windows, not replacement originals..

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks