• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1097A2 Driveshaft

AR Hog Hummer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I'm replacing the driveshaft hangar bearing, and have to drop, remove the driveshaft, is it necessary/recommended/worth while to have the drive shaft balanced?

rcamacho

I’ve rebuilt two front HMMWV driveshaft assemblies. Both were balanced previously with obvious balance weights attached. As long as you maintain indexing should be fine.

Highly recommend replacing joints at the same time as carrier bearing. Relatively low cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AR Hog Hummer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve rebuilt two front HMMWV driveshaft assemblies. Both were balanced previously with obvious balance weights attached. As long as you maintain indexing should be fine.

Highly recommend replacing joints at the same time as carrier bearing. Relatively low cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never messed with driveshafts before, so please excuse my ignorance for this question. Is the indexing fairly self explanatory, or is there a "trick" to make sure I don't screw it up?
My driveshaft has balance weights on it too, I'm just wondering if it's worth while to have the balance checked while the driveshaft is out or not?

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are using the old shaft make sure you mark the drive shaft to pinion so it goes back on with the same orientation. If the drive shaft is out of phase (180 degrees) it can cause a vibration. Have seen this problem with a Nissan frontier truck just a month ago.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks