• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m109a3 electrical

peecook

looking for help in understanding the needs for a M109 to hookup at an RV park. does anyone have experience?

looking for any retro fit info
equipment adds/removed
lessons learned

thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be careful using the factory 110 stuff in the shopvans. They are just a 2 wire setup and don't have a ground like current stuff does. Just doublecheck that wiring.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure that the whole body is grounded well to the grounding terminal on the inlet recepticle. Then insure that all the vehicle body parts are bonded/grounded to each other, ie., van body to frame & engine. Also that all the various components of the van bodye are bonded to each other. Use grounding straps to go clean metal surfaces. I like to use dialectric grease between the straps & on the fasteners to prevent corrosion. A "star" lock washer placed between the bonding strap & body part will insure a good bite into the surfaces .

Lee in Alaska

Dieselsmoke

RE: shop vans

My 2 shop vans were rewired at one point and now have a 3 wire. Not all of them had the 2 pin connector either, one of my trucks has a 3 pin connector, one a 4 pin connector.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks