• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 to M35a2

Gman021

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys,

Thinking about buying an M109A3 for the right price. But I have no use for the command center/box.

How hard is it to take the bed from an m35a2 and put it on the m109a3?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Takes an afternoon with a couple buddies. A crane would be real handy. It can be removed without a crane. Block up the box and drive the truck out.

dmetalmiki

I did this with two conversions I did. And was fortunate to have two forktrucks and an M62 in the collection. I actually did one on my own, (by) jumping from one fork truck to the other!. and gradually lifting each side. The things we do (did) when we are Young(er). Still kept one forklift for "those little jobs". Wheel changing etc.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a drop side bed I'd trade you even for it and would even swap it for you if you could get me the truck.

Gman021

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the advice. Glad to know it's pretty simple.

I've got a drop side bed I'd trade you even for it and would even swap it for you if you could get me the truck.

Fine with me. I'm in CT and can make my way south to some extent.

SSG Gibb

Do you have any pictures of what kinda shape the box is in. I might be interested in throwing my hat in on this. If the box isn't ratty I've got an A3 deuce bed new old stock on the pallet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks