• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 with troop carrier seats

NVAM998

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, ignoring comments about safety and people in trailers, anyone ever used M998 troop seats on an M1101 trailer? Thinking they might bolt to the top sides and make it into a stake body trailer of sorts. Maybe remove the seats and just use the backs. I think the bed in the M998 pickup and the M1101 trailer bed are about the same dimensions? I guess the other option would be the brackets for the cover and fabricating rails.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can see it for parades or running support at a boy scout jamboree or something like that but that's about it.

Mark

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually have all the brackets from a M37 to setup troop seats in my M101A2 I just haven't gotten around to it.

Mark

NVAM998

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow that is sweet. Exactly what I was thinking except nicer. I like the removable panel over the tailgate.

Did you cut down stock bows or just bend some conduit to fit?

Nice job and thanks for posting!

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow that is sweet. Exactly what I was thinking except nicer. I like the removable panel over the tailgate.

Did you cut down stock bows or just bend some conduit to fit?

Nice job and thanks for posting!
I did some mental calculations - buying the electrical conduit and bender, trial-&-error bending it vs paying an industrial electrician $20 to do it for me. The electrician was the easiest route. Industrial electrician because they typically do more conduit bending and need to be able to do it accurately.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I've never seen it done with an M1101.

@CARNAC did something similar with an M101 if i remember correctly.

Like you, I'm thinking it'd be pretty trivial to accomplish.
Actually I used M998 seats to make mine. I don’t know if I have any photos of it but it was made to use the HMMWV tarp that I never got around to getting before I sold the trailer.

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks