• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 Offgrid Camper Build

WAMark

Hi folks. This has been years in the thinking. I've finally done it, and built it out. I took her on a maiden voyage last week to Idaho and it worked out great. In a nutshell, I converted the wiring, and then welded up 2" aluminum tubing to support 1/4" Aluminum Diamond plate to convert the bed to a standard bed size. I then had tons of rack options. I put my iKamper on top, added a 20 gallon removable tank, and built a hang on sink/water heater for the side. I've added an outside drop down table. For power, I went with the KickAss Lithium system, and have led lights, rocker switches for accessories including my Ham radio, and plug and play 200w solar panels. All in, very functional. I have also ordered the new awning from Roofnest.

IMG_9626.jpeg

WAMark

The areas under the diamond plate are now storage areas and house the electronics and water storage. I've added bungy nets to keep things in place and will eventually use the extra diamond plate to build some locking doors so that I have enclosed and locked storage areas.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure there are others but I have only seen one trailer setup personally that looked similar. It is a great use for a former military trailer. Don't you need to use the corner jacks for support?

I have a M101A2 that I kept original but added PVC tubes on each side for sectional flag poles that fit in to get my VHF antenna up in the air.

Gimpy and I added a civi truck spare tire carrier under the back and an MRPA rectangular toolbox on the front. I carry the tools and wheel bearing parts in there. Mine is all tan.

I like yours and the canine water/food delivery system. Fancy.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks