• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 Trailer: Generator mounts

nastypyro

Hey all,

Just purchased this M1102 and it came with (what I believe to be) generator mounting platform. It’s some thick steel. I don’t have any need for it as I just need to use the trailer. Any cool ideas what to do with it? Is it something people sell or scrap?
Thanks!

IMG_1240.jpegIMG_1239.jpegIMG_1242.jpegIMG_1243.jpegIMG_1241.jpeg

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty sure that's not a genset mount.

I've got 1102's that had gensets and the mount looks nothing like that.

In fact, I've never seen anything like that. You may have something rare and valuable. Before you do anything drastic, wait and see what you've got.

fb40dash5

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda sorta looks like the tower trailer for an FIRRE system maybe? (Just googled 'M1102 surveillance trailer' cuz it looked like maybe mounting for an aerial mast kinda thing)

Guyfang

Staff member
There are several different models. I saw a trailer like this in a M.I. Battalion. They had 4 of them.

The reason I like it was because of the big "I" beam looking mounting stands for the gen set. If you sit a 802A or 803A into the trailer, you have no room to open the engine doors all the way. Kinda makes maintenance and repair hard. We instructed the units to grind off the hinge pins, and insert quick disconnect pins, and remove the door stops. Worked great. But with the mounting rail, you did not need to do that, and there was MUCH more room to work on the set. I would toss all the rest of that junk and keep the rails, if you want to mount a gen set.

Ray70

The electrical box you have there is ( WAS... looks like to disassembled it ) a generator synchronizer, meant to switch the load from 1 generator to another while under power.
Might be worth something to someone in the generator community?
I see a slight hint of rust staining on the I beams, but I would expect everything to be aluminum not steel.
Be sure to send a magnet over everything before making your decision to save , sell or scrap different pieces.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Neat platform, but I think most wouldn't want it. If you were closer, I'd give you something for it as I could see something of a neat project for it to make a utility trailer, but you're very far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks