• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102

jaymade

hello All.

1st time poster. I just bought a M1102 this past weekend and have a couple of questions.

It came with 2 sets of bows. 3 metal plates. But no tarp.

Anyone know where i can get a tarp or cover?

Also one set of bows has plastic tabs along top and one doesn't. Which one should i keep?

i assume the flat metal plate go along the middle of the top to give extra support for tarp, Correct?

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The metal plates screw into the the top of the bows to support the tarp and help prevent water pooling on top. Can you post picture of the plastic tabs? Covers come up from time to time or try looking on ebay.

Another Ahab

Don't know where I've been, but never saw this trailer type before.

Thanks for the photos, and a big welcome from the Old Dominion State.

3dAngus

Get the tarp first, then decide what bows to keep. The tabs can be used to secure the tarp on certain tarps available on the M1101/1102 series trailer. You can then sell the other bows without difficulty. They are in short supply, with regards to the number of trailers available.
And yes, the flat plate is always a good idea not only for the M1101, but is something where most folks need to modify their M105s and M101s with some kind of flat plate to keep the cover from sagging and getting prematurely destroyed with leaves and water due to saturation and sagging which only serves to destroy the tarp over a much shorter period of time. I have been using vinyl siding cut to length or roofing vents to fill out the top of my various trailers cause most do not have a top bar to help shed the water and fall debris.

jaymade

cool deal and thanks for the replies.

Now where would i go to get an appropriate tarp? and what should i expect to pay for it?

I googles with no luck.
I have checked with my surplus dealer. They are checking on it but haven't found anything yet.
I seen a set on ebay for 600 buck. Doubt i will spend that kind of cash on it.
A local craigslister said he had one for 300 but needs new zippers.

Where's the old lady with a heavy duty sewing machine when you need one! lol.

3dAngus

A used cover for the M1101 is going to cost you between $100-200, depending on condition.
Does not include shipping. Best place to buy is here in the classifieds or at a rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks