• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1114 AC charge

coadydepeche101

i am trying to find the correct charge amount for an up armoured M1114 ac system. its the front and rear system. I currently have 3# 8oz in the system and the compressor has not came on yet. i cannot find the actual charge amount for these systems. i know they are bigger than the 1151 systems but i dont want to over charge it. anybody have any info?

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best way is to use a set of AC gauges to determine when it is full, based on outside temp, humidity, etc. But to get the compressor to run, so the gauges read correctly, you sometimes have to short the ac pressure switch. Not sure how you could really get 3 pounds in the system without the compressor running. Hopefully, you drew it down with a vacuum pump first.

I know on my M998 with an aftermarket system, 3 cans was enough to fill-er-up. Like the below table:

coadydepeche101

The best way is to use a set of AC gauges to determine when it is full, based on outside temp, humidity, etc. But to get the compressor to run, so the gauges read correctly, you sometimes have to short the ac pressure switch. Not sure how you could really get 3 pounds in the system without the compressor running. Hopefully, you drew it down with a vacuum pump first.

I know on my M998 with an aftermarket system, 3 cans was enough to fill-er-up. Like the below table:

thanks, i finally found it, (m1114 is actually 3lbs 4oz, ) i did vacuum it down. think i have a bad pressure switch.. Thanks again

coadydepeche101

just in case anyone is looking for AC Vents "registers" for the front unit right side which is the bigger of the vents, the dorman part number 216-5403 from ebay is a perfect fit. 2" x 5"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks