• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 Low Power

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took the fuel cap off and still the same thing, the fuel filters are coming in today so I will change that and see what happens, the only reason I have doubts that its the filter is because the last time I took it out, the filter and the housing was still clean inside
Cut it open and spread the pleats apart and see what’s really going on inside it. You are going to change it anyways.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you removed the fuel cap and it made no difference it is not a vent issue, I would start looking at the return system any restriction there will cause a loss in power, you might want to remove the check valve in the top of the IP (the return line fitting) and inspect it, (careful not to get any trash in that port) it has a glass ball in it so you should be able to see light through it, sometimes trash plugs up that fitting. also you can carefully blow some air from that hose back to the tank to make sure it is not plugged.
You do have an odd issue, it will be interesting to see what you eventually find.
Others can comment on the effects of a plugged CAT other than loss of power, I would think there would be considerable smoke as the excessive back pressure should cause incomplete combustion as the cylinders would not be able to scavenge fresh air.

Hummer Guy

Cut it open and spread the pleats apart and see what’s really going on inside it. You are going to change it anyways.
Yep, I took it apart, I didn't see any crazy kind of sludge or dirt in it. I drove the truck for about an hour and its doing perfect so far, I'll take it out again tomorrow and see how it does.

Attachments

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 1 of my trucks that’s a problem child and it develops issues while just sitting. I come out the other day and I have a coolant leak just about where the heater core is. I have fixed several fluid leaks and they seem to return. I think it is possessed and needs a minor exercism. I guess it’s to be expected from old military trucks.

Hummer Guy

I have 1 of my trucks that’s a problem child and it develops issues while just sitting. I come out the other day and I have a coolant leak just about where the heater core is. I have fixed several fluid leaks and they seem to return. I think it is possessed and needs a minor exercism. I guess it’s to be expected from old military trucks.
I have a BRDM 2 that's exactly like this, random issues comes out of no where from sitting up and then there's so many leaks that I don't know where to start again on it lol

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a BRDM 2 that's exactly like this, random issues comes out of no where from sitting up and then there's so many leaks that I don't know where to start again on it lol
I’m capable of eventually sorting through my truck but I’m at the point where I want to ship it to Retiredwarhorses and have him make it a driver. I don’t know if I can afford it but it makes the most sense.

CapePrep

These trucks are very basic. A good diesel mechanic could help you. But, basic engine diagnostics still apply. Compression, fuel pressure and volume, oil pressure, etc.. Steve would definitely make it right. But you need to diagnose one thing at a time and than go from there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks