• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 Tachometer Options

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been pointed in every direction on tachometers for our M1123 with a NA 6.5 and now I'm just even more confused. I have the tach pod for the windshield frame, but no tach, and no wiring. I dont want a tach bad enough to spend $950 on the kits being sold online, but would like to get everything functional and looking as OEM as possible. I've seen one older backlit tach, a thread on here about adding backlighting to a tach, buss bar tachs, tach drive tachs, t-case sensor tachs, etc. Can someone point me in the right direction for the correct tach and harness?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should have a 200 amp Alt......so the tach that normally goes in the W/SHD. tach bracket is the round connector non-lighted tach.
Harness for it is a 6011545...it hooks up to alt regulator.
You can use the Bussbar tach and wire it to 24vdc, and tach drive on back of motor and it is a lighted tach.
Its not correct for W/shd bracket area, but will work.

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When pulling off the tach drive, is there a preferred way of tapping those wires with something that appears military like in execution? I’ve never been a fan of t-taps or posi-taps on any of the 12v work I’ve done, as inevitably one of them always gives me fits at some point down the road. Plus they don’t look anything like the wiring on the truck now.

hitekrednek

When pulling off the tach drive, is there a preferred way of tapping those wires with something that appears military like in execution? I’ve never been a fan of t-taps or posi-taps on any of the 12v work I’ve done, as inevitably one of them always gives me fits at some point down the road. Plus they don’t look anything like the wiring on the truck now.
I just finished mine I was going to try and make the packard connectors work but couldn’t get 2 wires in one connector. So I decided to just solder them and be done with it, then heat shrink

Action

There are many versions of this type of splitter.
.1638402815216.jpeg

Action

Thanks @Action, that's exactly what I was looking for! Do you have a good source for someone who sells the different versions of those?
Saturn Surplus has lots of wiring stuff. I found smaller splitters on epay years ago. I also bought a nos body harness for some random military truck (about $30). I can cut off and make any connection i need, with packard joint already installed.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is one source for a packard connector "Y" splitter.

They also have decent pricing on the packard connectors as well, at $1.50 each or $13.50 for a 10 pack. It's where I normally purchase mine when I need more.

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the leads on those @Action and @Coug. Trying to keep my tach installation as clean as possible, and this will come in handy for pulling a switched power leg for my 24 to 12v converter as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks